OUR TREATMENT APPROACH
THE CLINICIANS OF BEHAVIOR AND LEARNING GROUP ABIDE BY STRINGENT STANDARDS OF CLINICAL QUALITY. THIS IS ACHIEVED BY CLOSELY FOLLOWING THE BEHAVIOR ANALYST CERTIFICATION BOARD GUIDELINES. THE GROUP STRIVES TO BE TRANSPARENT, ACCOUNTABLE, AND CLIENT CENTERED.
- 100% of Supervisor Level staff have Master’s Degrees and BCBA certification.
- Lead Staff (BCaBA’s) are supervised on site monthly.
- 100% of Direct Service Staff have completed 40 hours of evidenced based training in addition to two weeks of in home training.
- 88% of Direct Level Staff have Bachelor’s Degrees or are enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree Program.
- 46% of Direct Level Staff have Master’s Degrees or are enrolled in a Master’s Degree Program.
- BLG has low staff turnover. Employee retention rate is 91% over the course of two years with direct level staff employed.
- Caseloads are kept small in order for Supervisor Level staff to work with families weekly one on one. BLG’s average caseload is 6.625 cases per BCBA/BCaBA.
- BCBA’s and BCaBA’s supervise direct level staff at a minimum 5-10% of total hours worked with each client every month on site.
- Pre-tests are conducted prior to beginning with clients one on one.
- Standardized assessments are utilized and programs are individualized based on client skill level.
- Research based behavior-reduction procedures are utilized.
- Data is collected throughout every session and is analyzed weekly.
- Treatment hours are based on professional judgement, research, and standard of care. This means that hours are not prescribed based on client availability, location, or caregiver preference. Treatment hours are prescribed based on the client’s skill level and problem behaviors exhibited during the assessment phase.
- Collaboration occurs and cotreating can occur when needed with SLP, OT, school staff, physicians, etc.
- Wait list estimates are given at first point of contact, and are followed up on monthly. Referral options are given at first point of contact if there is a wait of over 30 days.
- Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts: https://www.bacb.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/170706-compliance-code-english.pdf